Raisins for a Healthy Lifestyle
There is a convenient, deliciously sweet snack that’s perfect to help you get all your daily allowance of fruit — California raisins. They’re all-natural, taste great, and provide antioxidants, fiber, and other nutrients.
Healthy Eating Tips
When deciding what to eat:
- Consider nutrient content. If a food provides 20% of your daily calories, try to have it deliver 20% of several nutrients. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains are nutrient-rich foods.
- Select foods with less than 140 milligrams of sodium, less than 3 grams of fat, less than 1 gram of saturated fat, and very low to zero trans fats in each serving.
- Choose low fat or fat free yogurts, cheeses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Select fish, dry beans and lean meats more often.
- Be sure portions are “right-sized” and that many interesting, great-tasting fruits and vegetables accompany the main course.
- Emphasize whole grains, and enjoy California Raisins in bread and on cereals.
- Eat a wide variety of foods in moderation, and exercise, everyday.